1911 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1911 in football (soccer))
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Years in football (soccer):||1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|Years:||1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914|
The following are the football (soccer) events of the year 1911 throughout the world.
- Hajduk Split is founded.
- Olimpija Ljubljana founded.
- Zamalek Sporting Club (Cairo) founded.
- Valur founded.
Winners club national championship
- Argentina: Alumni Athletic Club
- Belgium: Cercle Brugge
- England: Manchester United
- Germany: Viktoria 89 Berlin
- Hungary: Ferencváros
- Italy: Pro Vercelli
- Luxembourg: Sporting Club
- Netherlands: Sparta Rotterdam
- Paraguay: Club Nacional
- Scotland: For fuller coverage, see 1910-11 in Scottish football.
- Sweden: AIK
- Uruguay: C.U.R.C.C.
- Greece: Panellinios Podosfairikos Omilos Athens
- 1911 British Home Championship (January 28 – April 3, 1911)
- May 14 – Leen Vente, Dutch footballer (died 1989)
- November 3 – Kick Smit, Dutch footballer (died 1974)
- December 20 – William McGregor, Scottish football administrator, former FA and Aston Villa F.C. chairman, regarded as the founder of The Football League. (65)