1912 in China
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1912|
History of China • Timeline • Years
- Emperor: Xuantong Emperor (3rd year)
- President of the Republic of China - Sun Yat-sen until March 10, Yuan Shih-kai
- Vice President of the Republic of China - Feng Guozhang
- Premier of the Republic of China - Tang Shaoyi from March 13 until June 27, Lu Zhengxiang until September 22, Zhao Bingjun
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2010)
- January 1 – The Republic of China was announced to be established.
- Sun Yat-sen elected First Provisional President of the ROC by delegates from independent provinces.
- February 12 – The Manchu Qing Dynasty of China comes to an end after 268 years, with the abdication of Emperor Puyi in favour of the Republic of China.
- February 2 - Zhu Shenghao, Chinese translator (died 1944)
- February 14 - Nie Er, Chinese musician (died 1935)
- July 26 - Qigong, Chinese calligrapher, artist, painter, connoisseur and sinologist (died 2005)
- October 27 - C. C. Li, Chinese-American geneticist (died 2003)
- November 14 - Tung-Yen Lin, Chinese structural engineer (died 2003)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)
- April 21 - Yung Wing, the first Chinese overseas student (born 1828 )