1913 VPI Gobblers football team
|1913 VPI Gobblers football|
|Conference||South Atlantic Intercollegiate Athletic Association|
|1913 record||7–1–1 (1–1 SAIAA)|
|Head coach||Branch Bocock (4th season)|
|Captain||Lewis A. Pick|
|Home stadium||Miles Field|
|1913 SAIAA football standings|
|North Carolina A&M $||2||–||0||–||0||6||–||1||–||0|
|Washington and Lee||3||–||1||–||0||8||–||1||–||0|
The 1913 VPI Gobblers football team represented Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute in the 1913 college football season. The team was led by their head coach Branch Bocock and finished with a record of seven wins, one loss and one tie (7–1–1).
|September 27||Roanoke*||W 26–0|
|October 4||Hampden–Sydney*||W 14–0|
|October 11||Ole Miss*||W 35–14|
|October 18||VPI Stars*||W 12–2|
|October 25||vs. North Carolina||Winston-Salem, NC||W 14–7|
|November 1||3:00 p.m.||vs. Washington and Lee||L 0–21|
|November 8||Marshall*||W 47–0|
|November 15||Morris Harvey*||W 14–0|
|November 27||3:00 p.m.||vs. VMI*||T 6–6|
- Source: HokieSports.com: 1913 Virginia Tech football schedule
The following players were members of the 1913 football team according to the roster published in the 1914 edition of The Bugle, the Virginia Tech yearbook.
|VPI 1913 roster|
- "Sunshine and Crowd Welcome Teams For The Gridiron Battle". The World News. Library of Virginia. November 1, 1913. p. 1. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Army of Cadets in Roanoke for Game". The World News. Library of Virginia. November 27, 1913. p. 1. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Virginia Tech Football Past Schedules "1913–1914". Virginia Tech Sports Information Department, Hokiesports.com. Accessed December 6, 2015.
- "The Bugle 1914" (PDF). Virginia Tech Bugle. 1914. p. 207. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
|This College football 1910s season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|