1913 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1913 in France.
- 17 January - Raymond Poincaré is elected president
- 3 February - Trial of the remnants of the Bonnot gang begins.
- 20 August - 700 feet above Buc, parachutist Adolphe Pegond jumps from an airplane and lands safely.
- 23 September - Aviator Roland Garros flies over the Mediterranean.
Arts and literature
- 29 May - Igor Stravinsky's ballet score The Rite of Spring is premiered in Paris.
- 12 December - Vincenzo Perugia tries to sell Mona Lisa in Florence and is arrested.
- 30 December - Italy returns Mona Lisa to France.
January to March
- 5 January - Pierre Veuillot, Cardinal (died 1968)
- 17 February - Louis Bouyer, priest and writer (died 2004)
- 24 February - François Bourbotte, soccer player (died 1972)
- 27 February - Paul Ricoeur, philosopher (died 2005)
- 3 March - Roger Caillois, writer and intellectual (died 1978)
- 12 March - Max Leognany, artist (died 1994)
- 18 March - René Clément, screenwriter and film director (died 1996)
- 26 March - Maurice Lafforgue, alpine skier (died 1970)
- 26 March - Jacqueline de Romilly, philologist
- 28 March - Jean-Marie Goasmat, cyclist (died 2001)
April to June
- 14 April - Jean Fournet, conductor.
- 18 May - Charles Trenet, singer and songwriter (died 2001)
- 26 May -
- 9 June - Jean Nicolas, international soccer player (died 1978)
- 18 June - Pierre Berès, bookseller and antiquarian book collector (died 2008)
- 26 June - Aimé Césaire, poet, author and politician (died 2008)
July to December
- 12 July - Roger Testu, cartoonist (died 2008)
- 13 July - Fabien Galateau, cyclist (died 1995)
- 17 July - Roger Garaudy, author and philosopher
- July - Colette de Jouvenel, daughter of writer Colette (died 1981)
- 31 August - Jacques Foccart, politician (died 1997)
- 10 October - Claude Simon, novelist, 1985 Nobel Laureate in Literature (died 2005)
- 7 November - Albert Camus, author, philosopher, and journalist who won the Nobel prize in 1957 (died 1960)
- 20 November - Charles Bettelheim, economist and historian (died 2006)
- 29 November - Georges Spénale, writer, poet and politician, President of the European Parliament (died 1983)
- 11 December - Jean Marais, actor (died 1998)
Full date unknown
- 2 January - Léon Teisserenc de Bort, meteorologist (born 1855)
- 20 August - Émile Ollivier, statesman, 30th Prime Minister of France (born 1825)
- 6 September - Henri Menier, businessman and adventurer (born 1853)
- 15 November - Camille Armand Jules Marie, Prince de Polignac, nobleman, scholar and major general in the Confederate States Army (born 1832)
- 5 December - Ferdinand Dugué, poet and playwright (born 1816)
Full date unknown
- Louis-Robert Carrier-Belleuse, painter and sculptor (born 1848)