1913 in archaeology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1913 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- April National Geographic Magazine is entirely devoted to the discoveries of Hiram Bingham III at Machu Picchu.
- E. Thurlow Leeds - The Archaeology of the Anglo-Saxon Settlements.
- Remains of the 14th century David's Tower at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland, are discovered.
- February 6 - Mary Leakey, English paleoanthropologist working in Africa (d. 1996).
- March 7 - Gordon Willey, American archaeologist working in the Americas (d. 2002).
- November 12 - Kenneth Steer, British archaeologist and British Army officer (d. 2007).