1917 Minnesota Golden Gophers football team
|1917 Minnesota Golden Gophers football|
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|1917 record||4–1 (3–1 Big Ten)|
|Head coach||Henry L. Williams (18th season)|
|Home stadium||Northrop Field|
|1917 Big Ten football standings|
|Ohio State $||4||–||0||–||0||8||–||0||–||1|
The 1917 Minnesota Golden Gophers football team represented the University of Minnesota in the 1917 college football season. In their 18th year under head coach Henry L. Williams, the Golden Gophers compiled a 4–1 record (3–1 against Western Conference opponents) and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 164 to 25.
The 1917 season was almost canceled due to the United States entering World War I, but over the summer, the decision was made to play a reduced football schedule. The team finished second in the Big Ten.
|October 13||South Dakota State*||Northrop Field • Minneapolis, MN||W 64–0|
|October 20||Indiana||Northrop Field • Minneapolis, MN||W 33–9|
|November 3||at Wisconsin||Camp Randall Stadium • Madison, WI (Rivalry)||L 7–10||12,000|
|November 17||Chicago||Northrop Field • Minneapolis, MN||W 33–0||14,000|
|November 24||at Illinois||Illinois Field • Champaign, IL||W 27–6||4,500|
- "1917 Minnesota Golden Gophers Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- General Alumni. History. p. 150.
- Keiser, Jeff (2007). "2007 Media Guide" (PDF). p. 197.
- Keiser, Jeff (2007). "2007 Media Guide" (PDF). p. 179.
- Keiser, Jeff (2007). "2007 Media Guide" (PDF). p. 180.