1917 in India
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1917 in India.
- The Indian National Congress demands self-government for India.
- 20 August – The secretary of state for India makes the announcement that British policy in India calls for the gradual development of self-governing institutions and the progressive realization of responsible government.
- Champaran Satyagraha of 1917
- 17 January – M. G. Ramachandran, actor, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (died 1987).
- 11 February – T. Nagi Reddy, communist politician (died 1976).
- 11 July 1917 – Chandrakant T. Patel, cotton scientist (died 1990).
- 3 September 1917 – G. V. Iyer, film director (died 2003).
- 19 November – Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister, assassinated (died 1984).
- 29 December – Ramanand Sagar, film director (died 2005).
Full date unknown
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|