1917 in archaeology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1917 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- Max Uhle discovers 12 Chinchorro mummies at Morro I, Arica, Chile.
- Religious artefacts discovered beneath the Seven-story Stone Pagoda in Tappyeong-ri, Chungju, Korea.
- Wang Guowei reconstructs a complete Shang dynasty royal genealogy based on the translation of oracle bones from the site of Yinxu.
- 14 October: Geoffrey Bibby, English-born archaeologist (d. 2001)
- 28 October: Honor Frost, Cyprus-born underwater archaeologist (d. 2010)
- 15 October: Maxime Collignon, French Classical archaeologist (b. 1849)
- 22 November: Teoberto Maler, German explorer, archaeologist and writer of accounts of the ruins of the Maya civilization (b. 1842)