1917 in association football
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Years in football (soccer):||1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|Years:||1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920|
The following are the football (soccer) events of the year 1917 throughout the world.
Due to the First World War several leagues remain suspended throughout Europe.
Winners club national championship
- Argentina: Racing Club
- Austria: Rapid Vienna
- Belgium: no national championship
- Denmark: KB
- England: no national championship
- France: no national championship
- Germany: no national championship
- Hungary: MTK Hungária FC
- Iceland: Fram
- Italy: no national championship
- Luxembourg: US Hollerich
- Netherlands: Go Ahead
- Paraguay: Club Libertad
- Scotland: Celtic F.C.
- Sweden: Djurgårdens IF
- Uruguay: Nacional
- Greece: 1913 to 1921 - no championship titles due to the First World War and the Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922.
- September 20 – Obdulio Varela, Uruguayan international footballer (died 1996)
- October 12 – Roque Máspoli, Uruguayan international footballer (died 2004)
- December 12 – Fred Stansfield, Welsh international footballer (died 2014)