1918 in Brazil
|1918 in Brazil|
21 stars (1889–1960)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
|First Brazilian Republic|
Events in the year 1918 in Brazil.
- President: Venceslau Brás (until 15 November); Delfim Moreira (acting President from 15 November)
- Vice President: Urbano Santos da Costa Araújo; Delfim Moreira (from 15 November)
- 30 January - Ministerial Notice No. 501 is issued, establishing the Naval Division for War Operations (Divisão Naval em Operações de Guerra - DNOG).
- 1 March - Brazilian general election, 1918: Former president Rodrigues Alves receives 99.1% of the vote.
- June - The Brazilian battleship São Paulo is sent to the USA for a full refit.
- 18 August - The Brazilian Medical Mission, led by Dr. Nabuco Gouveia and directed by General Aché, is established with 86 doctors.
- 24 September - The Brazilian Medical Mission lands at Marseilles, France, and supports the local population during a flu outbreak, ensuring the continuity of logistical support to the troops at the front.
- 15 November - President-elect Rodrigues Alves, suffering from influenza, is unable to take office on the scheduled date, and is replaced by Vice President Delfim Moreira.
- 15 January - João Figueiredo, military leader and politician (died 1999)
- 21 February - Alberto Ruschel, actor (died 1996)
- 1 March - João Goulart, 24th President of Brazil (died 1976)
- 24 July - Antonio Candido, writer, academic, sociologist and literary critic
- 28 October - José Leite Lopes, physicist (died 2006)
- 1 November - Eurípedes Barsanulfo, educator, pharmacist, politician and prominent spiritualist medium (born 1880)
- 27 November - Belfort Duarte, footballer (born 1883; murdered)
- 28 December - Olavo Bilac, Parnassian poet, journalist and translator (born 1865)
- Francisco Verras; "D.N.O.G.: contribuicao da Marinha Brasileira na Grande Guerra" ("DNOG; the role of Brazilian Navy in the Great War") (in Portuguese) "A Noite" Ed. 1920
- Nohlen, D (2005) Elections in the Americas: A data handbook, Volume II, p173 ISBN 978-0-19-928358-3
- Robert L Scheina, Latin America's Wars, Washington, D.C.: Brassey's, 2003. ISBN 1-57488-452-2. p 37.
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro Lance Volume 1. Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A. 2001. p. 35. ISBN 85-88651-01-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1918 in Brazil.|