1920 Oklahoma Sooners football team
|1920 Oklahoma Sooners football|
Missouri Valley champion
|Conference||Missouri Valley Conference|
|1920 record||6–0–1 (4–0–1 MVC)|
|Head coach||Bennie Owen (16th year)|
|Offensive scheme||Single wing|
|Home stadium||Boyd Field|
|1920 Missouri Valley football standings|
The 1920 Oklahoma Sooners football team represented the University of Oklahoma in the 1920 college football season. In their 16th year under head coach Bennie Owen, the Sooners compiled a 6–0–1 record (4–0–1 against conference opponents), won the Missouri Valley Conference championship, and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 176 to 51.
Five Sooners received All-Missouri Valley Conference honors: back Harry Hill; end Howard Marsh; guard Bill McKinley; tackle Roy Smoot; and back Sol Swatek. Marsh was the first Sooner to receive all-conference honors on three occasions, receiving the honors each year from 1920 to 1922.
|October 9||Central State*||Boyd Field • Norman, OK||W 16–7|
|October 23||Washington (MO)||Boyd Field • Norman, OK||W 24–14|
|October 30||at Missouri||Rollins Field • Columbia, MO||W 28–7|
|November 6||Kansas||Boyd Field • Norman, OK||W 21–9|
|November 13||at Oklahoma A&M*||Lewis Field • Stillwater, OK (Bedlam)||W 36–0|
|November 19||at Kansas State||Ahearn Field • Manhattan, KS||T 7–7|
|November 25||Drake*||Boyd Field • Norman, OK||W 44–7|
- University of Oklahoma Magazine. 1921-01-01.
- "Oklahoma Yearly Results (1920-1924)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. Retrieved July 20, 2015.
- "1920 Oklahoma Sooners Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved July 20, 2015.
- "2014 Oklahoma Football Records Supplement" (PDF). University of Oklahoma. 2014. p. 90. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "2014 Oklahoma Football Records Supplement" (PDF). University of Oklahoma. 2014. p. 95. Retrieved July 20, 2014.