1926 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Marcel Duchamp's The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even is accidentally broken.
- Marjorie Watson-Williams moves to Paris and adopts the name Paule Vézelay.
See also: Category:1926 sculptures
- Abraham Lincoln (Patigian), San Francisco
- Astoria Victory Monument, Astoria, Oregon
- Guards Memorial, London
- Max Beckmann – Quappi in Blue
- Alexander Calder – Cirque Calder (wire sculpture)
- Alexander Stirling Calder – Shakespeare Memorial, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Salvador Dalí – The Basket of Bread
- Edwin Dickinson – The Cello Player
- Alberto Giacometti – Spoon Woman
- Hannah Höch – Love
- Frieda Kahlo – Self-portrait in a Velvet Dress
- Ernst Ludwig Kirchner – Brücke bei Wiesen
- René Magritte
- The Difficult Crossing (first version)
- The Musings of a Solitary Walker
- Georges Malkine – Nuit d'Amour
- Henri Matisse – Yellow Odalisque (first version)
- 17 January – Robert Filliou, French Fluxus artist (d. 1987).
- 18 January – Roy Kiyooka, Canadian photographer, artist and poet (d. 1994)
- 24 January – Ruth Asawa, American sculptor (d. 2013)
- 1 February – Vivian Maier, American street photographer (d. 2009).
- 25 May – David Wynne, English figure sculpture (d. 2014).
- 14 August – René Goscinny, French comic book author, editor and humorist (d. 1977).
- 10 September – Beryl Cook, English naïve painter (d. 2008).
- 6 October – Petar Omčikus, Serbian artist.
- 25 October – Ismail Gulgee, Pakistani painter (d. 2007).
- 3 November – Paul Rebeyrolle, French painter (d. 2005).
- 5 November – John Berger, English art critic, novelist and painter.
- 9 November – Raymond Hains, French artist and photographer (d. 2005).
- date unknown - William Foley, American illustrator.
- January 15 – Eugeniusz Żak, painter (b. 1884)
- February 4 – Adolphe Willette, illustrator (b. 1857)
- April 1 – Charles Angrand, neo-Impressionist painter (b. 1854)
- June 14 – Mary Cassatt, painter (b. 1844)
- July 17 – Maximilian Liebenwein, painter and illustrator (b. 1869)
- July 24 – T. C. Steele, painter (b. 1847)
- August 25 – Thomas Moran, painter of the Hudson River School (b. 1837)
- September 28 – Helen Allingham, watercolour painter and illustrator (b. 1848)
- December 5 – Claude Monet, painter (b. 1840)