From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1927 in India.
- 18 January – Council House in New Delhi is opened.
- 28 September – Fatal communal riots in Dehra Dun, U.P.
- 12 November – Mahatma Gandhi made his first and last visit to Ceylon.
- The Simon commission is formed to consider further steps toward self-rule of India. No Indian member is included.
- 24 January – J. Om Prakash, film producer.
- 28 February – Krishan Kant, politician, Vice President of India (died 2002)
- 1 July – Chandra Shekhar, politician, 8th Prime Minister of India (died 2007)
- 3 July – Balivada Kantha Rao, novelist and playwright (died 2000)
- 26 August – Bansi Lal, Haryana's four time chief minister, and defence minister of India during Indian Emergency (1975–77) (died 2006)
- 1 October – Sivaji Ganesan, actor (died 2001)
- 8 November – Lal Krishna Advani, politician and former Deputy Prime Minister of India
- 25 December – Ram Narayan, sarangi player
Full date unknown
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)
- ^ Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
- ^ Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262-63