1927 in architecture
The year 1927 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- July 11 - 1927 Jericho earthquake destroys or damages many mosques and other buildings in the area of Mandatory Palestine.
- The opening of the Bakhmetevsky Bus Garage in Moscow, designed by Konstantin Melnikov and Vladimir Shukhov, marks the beginning of Melnikov's his "golden season", designing over ten buildings in one year, including extant Kauchuk Factory Club, Rusakov Workers' Club, Svoboda Factory Club and his own residence in Moscow. These buildings are completed in 1928-1929.
- July 1 - Centre Block, the main building of the Parliament of Canada on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, rebuilt after a fire in 1916 to a design by John A. Pearson and Jean Omer Marchand, is officially opened.
- July 14 - Scottish National War Memorial at Edinburgh Castle, designed by Robert Lorimer, is opened.
- July 24 - Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing at Ypres, Belgium, designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield, is unveiled.
- October 9 - Norwich War Memorial in England, designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, is unveiled.
- Weissenhof Estate in Stuttgart, Germany, designed by a team led by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
- Double house in Brno, designed by Otto Eisler.
- The rebuilt Quadrant in Regent Street, London, England.
- The Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- The Art Deco LeVeque Tower, designed by C. Howard Crane and John Gill & Sons, in Columbus, Ohio, United States. At 555.5 feet (169 meters) tall, it is just slightly higher than the Washington Monument.
- The Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park, California, designed by Gilbert Stanley Underwood.
- June 18 - Ruth Rivera Marín, Mexican architect (died 1969)
- July 6 - Anton Alberts, Dutch architect best known for the ING Bank, Amsterdam
- December 4 - Gae Aulenti, Italian architect, interior and lighting designer (died 2012
- January 3 - Antonio Rivas Mercado, Mexican architect (born 1853)
- July 13 - Mimar Kemaleddin Bey, Turkish architect (born 1870; cerebral hemorrhage)
- October 29 - Hermann Muthesius, German architect and writer on architecture (born 1861)
- December 27 - Lluís Domènech i Montaner, Catalan Spanish architect (born 1850)
- Harrison, Laura Soullière (2001-02-26). "The Ahwahnee Hotel". Architecture in the Parks: A National Historic Landmark Theme Study. National Park Service - Department of the Interior. Archived from the original on 2006-07-16. Retrieved 2006-07-07.
- "Mimar Kemaleddin: Tarihin dönüm noktalarında bir mimar" (in Turkish). arkitera. 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2013-02-26.