1928 Eastern Suburbs season
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Home Ground:Agricultural Ground
- Lineup: Cyril Abotomey Coach;
• G. Boddigton, • Dick Brown(HK) • Sam Byrant • Joe 'Chimpy' Busch(HB) • Hugh Byrne • A.Carter • Bill Cole (HB) • Bill Dyer • Gordon Fletcher • T.Fitzpatrick • Nelson Hardy • G.Harris • Larry Hedger • H.Kavanagh • Arthur Oxford • Norm Pope • Les Steel • A.Toby • Tom Trotter • Vic Webber(WG).
- Eastern Suburbs finished the season as runnersup after being defeated by South Sydney in that year's premier decider.
- Eastern Suburbs took part in the first night rugby league match to be played in Australia. A ten aside exhibition match that was played between the two premiership finalists, Souths were victorious once again winning 10-6.
1928 Season Results
- Premiership Round 1, 21 April 1928;
- Premiership Semi-Final, 7 September 1928
With 8 minutes remaining and scores locked at 13 all, Easts' piled on three tries in quick time against an exhausted North Sydney who finished the match with just eleven men.
- Premiership Final, 15 September 1928;