1928 in China
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||Other events of 1928
List of years in China
Timeline of Chinese history
Events in the year 1928 in China.
- President - Zhang Zuolin, Tan Yankai, Chiang Kai-shek
- Premier - Pan Fu, Tan Yankai
- Vice Premier - Feng Yuxiang
- 26 March - The China Academy of Art is founded in Hangzhou (originally named the National Academy of Art).
- 30 April - Beiyang government troops withdrew from Jinan.
- 3 May - Jinan Incident, an armed conflict between the Japanese Imperial Army allied with Northern Chinese warlords against the Kuomintang's southern army, occurs in Jinan.
- 1 July - Zhang Xueliang announced an armistice with the Kuomintang and proclaimed that he would not interfere with the re-unification.
- 3 July - Chiang Kai-shek arrived in Beijing and met the representative from the Fengtian clique to discuss a peaceful settlement.
- 8 July - Looting of the Eastern Mausoleum.
- 25 July - The United States recalls its troops from China.
- 8 October - Chiang Kai-shek is named as Generalissimo (Chairman of the National Military Council) of the Nationalist Government of the Republic of China.
- March 30 - Xia Minghan
- May 3 - Cai Gongshi
- June 3 - Li Yuanhong
- June 4 - Zhang Zuolin, Wu Junsheng
- October 14 - Chen Jue (martyr)
- Li Jiazhen (1987) Jinan Tragedy p 238,
- Iriye, After Imperialism, 199-201.
- Ji'nan Government (September 1, 2005). "The Year of 1928". Archived from the original on July 24, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- An Xiang: "Second Northern Expedition 1928: Part II" Archived 2016-03-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Jay Taylor, The Generalissimo: Chiang Kai-Shek and the Struggle for Modern China (Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2009), 82-83.
- Beasley, Japanese Imperialism. Pp. 187
- Republic of China historical annal: 1928 Archived 2008-05-11 at the Wayback Machine. under July 1, section A.
- Beasley, W.G. (1991). Japanese Imperialism 1894-1945. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-822168-1.
- Akira Iriye, After Imperialism: The Search for a New Order in the Far East, 1921-1931 (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1965; reprinted:Chicago: Imprint Publications, 1990): 193-205
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1928 in China.|