1930 Stanley Cup Finals
The 1930 Stanley Cup Final championship series was played between the Boston Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens. In a best of three series, Montreal won 4–3 and 3–0 to win the team's third Stanley Cup championship.
Paths to the final
The defending champion Boston Bruins had an outstanding season. Their final record of 38–5–1 translates to an .875 winning percentage, the best in NHL history. The team did not lose two games in a row all season, until being swept by the Canadiens. This prompted the change for the following year in the Finals format to a best-of-five format.
The final was a best of three series. The Canadiens had lost all four of their regular-season meetings with the Bruins. Captain Sylvio Mantha was the leader, scoring in both final games.
Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens
|April 1||Montreal Canadiens||3||Boston Bruins||0|
|April 3||Boston Bruins||3||Montreal Canadiens||4|
Montreal wins best-of-three series 2–0
Montreal Canadiens 1930 Stanley Cup champions
- Coaching and administrative staff
- Louis Athanase David (President), Fernand Rinfeet (Director)
- Joseph Cattarinich (Vice President/Owner), Edouard St. Pere (Vice President)
- Leo Dandurand (Secretary-Treasurer/Owner), Henry Gray (Director)
- Cecil Hart (Manager-Coach), Georges Richer (Director)
- Louis Letourneau (Director/Owner), Dr. J. A. Corrigan* (Team Physician)
- Amerdee Monet (Director)
- Ed Dulfour (Trainer), Jim McKenna (Asst. Trainer),
- J. P. Lepetite* (Ass't Trainer/left off cup-on team picture).
Stanley Cup engraving
- Mistake – Georges Richer was engraved as a physician, but his official title was a member of the board directors.
- Mistake – co-owner Louis A. Letourneau was misspelt H.A. LETOURNEAU.
- *-The Team Physician and one Ass't trainers first names are unknown.
- Montreal included the date, day, game number, location, and score for each playoff game on the Stanley Cup. In 1930, 1931, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939 each playoff game, date and score by the winning team was included on the Stanley Cup.
- Diamond, Dan (2000). Total Stanley Cup. Total Sports Canada. p. 51. ISBN 1-892129-07-8.
- Podnieks, Andrew; Hockey Hall of Fame (2004). Lord Stanley's Cup. Triumph Books, 12, 57. ISBN 1-55168-261-3.
Stanley Cup Champions