1930 Women's World Games
The 1930 Women's World Games (Czech and Slovak III Ženské Světové Hry v Praze, French 3è Jeux Féminins Mondiaux ) were the third regular international Women's World Games, the tournament was held between September 6 - September 8 at the Letná Stadium in Prague.
The games were organized by the Fédération Sportive Féminine Internationale under Alice Milliat as a response to the IOC decision to include only a few women's events in the 1928 Olympic Games.
The games were attended by 200 participants from 17 nations, there among: Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Germany, Great Britain (16 athletes), Italy, Japan (6 athletes), Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Sweden and Switzerland. Canada attended with a basketball team.
The athletes competed in 12 events: running (60 metres, 100 metres, 200 metres, 800 metres, 4 x 100 metres relay and hurdling 80 metres), high jump, long jump, discus throw, javelin, shot put and triathlon (100 metres, high jump and javelin). The tournament also held exhibition events in basketball, handball, fencing, shooting and canoeing.
A special commemorative medal was issued for the participants.
- Praha 1930 - III Ženské světové hry Czech Association for Olympic and Sport Philately, Retrieved 10 December 2013
- Rétrospective de l'athlétisme féminin, page 9 Archived 2013-12-10 at the Wayback Machine. Sylvain Charlet, Amicale des Entraineurs d'Ile de France d'Athlétisme AEIFA, Retrieved 10 December 2013
- Kidd, Bruce (1994). "The Women's Olympic Games: Important Breakthrough Obscured By Time". CAAWS Action Bulletin. Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Leigh, Mary H.; Thérèse M. Bonin (1977). "The Pioneering Role Of Madame Alice Milliat and the FSFI in Establishing International Trade and Field Competition for Women" (PDF). Journal of Sport History. North American Society for Sport History. 4 (1): 72–83. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Chronique de l'athlétisme féminin NordNet.fr, Retrieved 10 December 2013
- UBC Women's Basketball team Archived 2013-12-20 at the Wayback Machine. University of British Columbia, Retrieved 10 December 2013
- FSFI Women's World Games GBR Athletics, Retrieved 10 December 2013
- Participation badge Muzeum Sportu i Turystyki w Warszawie / Museum of Sports and Tourism, retrieved 24 October 2015