1931 in Brazil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1931 in Brazil.
- 12 October - The statue of Christ the Redeemer, overlooking Rio de Janeiro, is consecrated.
- date unknown
Arts and culture
- Jorge Amado - O País do Carnaval (The Country of Carnival)
- Júlio Afrânio Peixoto - História da literatura brasileira
- 8 January - Ozires Silva, entrepreneur, founder of Embraer
- 19 January - Ottomar Pinto, politician, Governor of Roraima (2004–2007), heart attack
- 16 March - Augusto Boal, theatre director, writer and politician (died 2009)
- 2 March - Ruth Rocha, writer
- 31 March - Ary Fernandes, playwright, actor, producer and filmmaker (died 2010)
- 10 June - João Gilberto, singer and guitarist
- 18 June - Fernando Henrique Cardoso, 34th President of Brazil
- 3 September - Paulo Maluf, politician
- 17 October - José Alencar, politician
- 26 January - Graça Aranha, writer and diplomat (born 1868)
- 9 June - Henrique Oswald, pianist and composer (born 1852)
- 24 July - Nonô, footballer (born 1899)
- 8 September - Prince Luiz Gastão of Orléans-Braganza, descendant of the Brazilian Imperial Family (born 1911)
- 6 October - Oscar Cox, sportsman (born 1880)
- "Brazil: Crocovado mountain – Statue of Christ". Travel Channel. Retrieved July 7, 2007.
- "Sanctuary Status for Rio landmark". BBC. October 13, 2006. Archived from the original on 12 January 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2007.
- Kimberly Jones-de-Oliveira, "The Politics of Culture or the Culture of Politics: Afro-Brazilian Mobilization, 1920-1968," Journal of Third World Studies, v. 20, part I (2003)
- Discography of Américo Jacomino Canhoto
- O Palco. Biographical info Augusto Boal (In Portuguese).
- Morre dramaturgo criador do Vigilante Rodoviário Portal de notícias Parana-online (Portuguese) - accessed 29 August 2010
- Henrique Oswald: A Biography of a Forgotten Brazilian Master by Fausto Borem de Oliveira
- "Oscar Cox" (in Portuguese). Fluminense Football Club. Archived from the original on 21 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-10.