1932 in Brazil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1932 in Brazil|
21 stars (1889–1960)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
|Year of Constitution: 1891|
Events in the year 1932 in Brazil.
- 24 February – The Justiça Eleitoral do Brasil is created by Decreto nº 21.076.
- April – Peter Fleming joins the expedition to find missing Englishman Colonel Percy Fawcett; the following year he publishes an account of the expedition, entitled Brazilian Adventure.
- 23 May – Four protesting students (Martins, Miragaia, Dráusio and Camargo) are killed by government troops, sparking off the "Paulista War".
- June – Paulista rebels take control of the state of São Paulo.
- 9 July – Constitutionalist Revolution: The population of the state of São Paulo revolt against the 1930 coup d'état.
- July–August – 82 athletes from Brazil travel on board the Itaquicê to Los Angeles for the Summer Olympic Games, selling coffee along the way to fund the trip. The team wins no medals.
- 2 October – The São Paulo rebels are defeated by government forces.
- October – Brazilian Integralism, a Fascist movement, is founded by Plínio Salgado.
Arts and culture
- Afonso Schmidt – Garoa
- Ao Redor do Brasil
- Anchieta Entre o Amor e a Religião
- O Pecado da Vaidade
- 26 January – Kilza Setti, ethnomusicologist, composer, and pianist
- 28 April – Stênio Garcia, actor
- 12 May – Walter Wanderley, organist and pianist, best known for his lounge and bossa nova music. (died 1986)
- 25 May – Joaquim Pedro de Andrade, film director and screenwriter (died 1988)
- 15 September – Antônio Abujamra, theatre and television director and actor
- 14 November – Cláudio Ulpiano, philosopher (died 1999)
- 2 July – Rodolfo Teófilo, writer, poet and film-maker (born 1863)
- 23 July – Alberto Santos-Dumont, Franco-Brazilian aviation pioneer (born 1873; apparent suicide by hanging)
- date unknown – Evaristo Conrado Engelberg, mechanical engineer and inventor (born 1853)
- Angelim, Augusto N. Sampaio (20 May 2004). "Justiça Eleitoral:Passado e Futuro". Portal Boletim Jurídico. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Wilson History and Research Center: Paulista War. Accessed 25 April 2014
- Ricardo Benzaquém de Araújo, Totalitarismo e Revolução: o Integralismo de Plínio Salgado, Rio de Janeiro: Jorge Zahar Editor, 1988, ISBN 85-85061-83-9
- Manchete 2439–2446 p98 1999 " O filósofo Cláudio Ulpiano, aos 66 anos, de enfisema pulmonar. Professor da Universidade Federal Fluminense e da UER), Ulpiano tinha um talento especial para dar aulas, "
- "UOL – O melhor conteúdo". Recantodasletras.uol.com.br. Archived from the original on 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Hallion, Richard P. Taking Flight. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003. ISBN 0-1951-6035-5 p. 93
- "Rua Evaristo Conrado Engelberg". História das Ruas de São Paulo, 1991. Retrieved July 17, 2011.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1932 in Brazil.|