1934 in Brazil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1934 in Brazil|
21 stars (1889–1960)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
|Year of Constitution: 1934|
Events in the year 1934 in Brazil.
- 16 July - The Vargas government introduces what will be the shortest-lived Constitution of Brazil, lasting only 3 years (until 1937). It is the first time a Brazilian constitution has been written from scratch by directly elected deputies in multi-party elections, and incorporates a number of improvements to Brazilian political, social and economical life.
- 17 July - In the presidential election, carried out by the Constituent Assembly, acting president Getúlio Vargas receives 175 of the 248 votes.
- date unknown
Arts and culture
- Jorge Amado - Suor
- Monteiro Lobato - Emília no País da Gramática and Aritmética da Emília
- Carolina Nabuco - A Sucessora
- O Caçador de Diamantes
- 9 February - Ruth Volgl Cardoso, chess grandmaster (died 2000)
- 8 August - Cláudio Hummes, Roman Catholic cardinal
- 27 August - Sylvia Telles, singer (died 1966)
- 15 October - Flávio Migliaccio, writer, director and screenwriter
- 5 February - Ernesto Nazareth, composer (born 1863)
- 6 April - Ismael Nery, artist (born 1900; tuberculosis)
- 29 May - Augusto Pestana, engineer and politician (born 1868)
- 30 May - Júlia Lopes de Almeida, writer (born 1862)
- 9 June - Medeiros e Albuquerque, poet, politician and journalist (born 1867)
- 6 July - Prince Peter of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, son of Princess Leopoldina of Brazil (born 1866)
- 28 November - Coelho Neto, writer and politician (born 1864)
- "Portuguese text available at". Archived from the original on 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- Getúilo Vargas in Brazil World History Chronology
- Brandão, Ruth Silviano. Mulher ao pé da letra: a personagem feminina na literatura : ensaio Editoria UFMG. pp. 107–110
- Artistas da Arte Moderna at www.brasilescola.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1934 in Brazil.|