||This article does not cite any sources. (February 2013)
The year 1934 in television involved some significant events. Below is a list of television-related events during 1934.
- March 31 – The agreement for joint experimental transmissions by the BBC and John Logie Baird's company ends.
- May 16 – The Seldon Committee is established to investigate the feasibility of a public television service in the UK.
- July 11 – In the U.S., the Communications Act of 1934 stipulates that commercial television stations "operate in the public interest, convenience, and necessity". The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the act.
- August 25 – Philo Farnsworth gives the world's first public demonstration of a complete all-electronic television system at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.
- November 5 – First television broadcasts in the USSR.
- Late 1934 – Vladimir K. Zworykin increases the number of scanning lines in electronic television from 240 lines at 24 frames per second to 343 lines at 30 frame/s.
- January 8 – Roy Kinnear, comedian (died 1988)
- January 13 – Rip Taylor, comedian
- January 22 – Bill Bixby, television actor, My Favorite Martian, The Incredible Hulk (died 1993)
- January 26 – Bob Uecker, sports commentator, actor
- February 11 - Tina Louise, actress and singer, Gilligan's Island
- February 12 – Bill Russell, basketball player
- February 14 – Florence Henderson, actress, The Brady Bunch (died 2016)
- February 21 – Rue McClanahan, actress, The Golden Girls (died 2010)
- February 27 - Van Williams, actor, Bourbon Street Beat, Surfside 6, The Green Hornet (died 2016)
- March 5 – James Sikking, actor, Hill Street Blues
- March 31 - Shirley Jones, singer and actress, The Partridge Family
- April 18 - James Drury, actor, The Virginian
- April 24 – Shirley MacLaine, actress and author
- May 18 - Dwayne Hickman, actor, The Bob Cummings Show, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
- July 1 - Jamie Farr, actor, M*A*S*H
- July 10 – Jerry Nelson, muppeteer, Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, (died 2012)
- August 7 - Steve Ihnat, actress, (died 1972)
- August 9 - Cynthia Harris, actress, Mad About You
- November 13 - Garry Marshall, actor and director, Happy Days, (died 2016)
- December 9 – Judi Dench, actress, As Time Goes By