1935 Giro di Lombardia
|Dates||October 20, 1935|
|Distance||238 km (147.9 mi)|
The 1935 Giro di Lombardia was the 31st edition of the race. It was held on October 20, 1935, with contestants riding a total route of 238 km. It was won by the Italian Enrico Mollo, reached the finish line with the time of 7h22 ' 16 "at an average of 32.288 km/h, preceding the countrymen Aldo Bini and Gino Bartali.
64 cyclists took off from Milan and 32 of them completed the race.
Mollo won this edition of the Giro of Lombardy culminating a solo escape originated in the first ascent of the day-mount Guello (km. 40). Bartali passed very close to him by the top but decided to wait for his companions thinking about the Italian championship, which was also decided in this test. This circumstance favored Mollo which by Grantola had more than eight minutes. A sufficient advantage to win the competition despite suffering in the last ascent to Brinzio.
Final general classification
|1||Enrico Mollo (ITA)||Gloria||7h22 ' 16 "|
|2||Aldo Bini (ITA)||Maino-Girardengo|
|3||Gino Bartali (ITA)||Frejus|
|4||Giuseppe Olmo (ITA)||Bianchi|
|5||Attilio Masarati (ITA)||Ganna|
|6||Rinaldo Gerini (ITA)||Maino-Girardengo|
|7||Francesco Camusso (ITA)||Legnano-Wolsit|
|8||Isidoro Piubellini (ITA)||Legnano-Wolsit|
|9||Mario Cipriani (ITA)||Frejus|
|10||Pietro Rimoldi (ITA)||Bianchi|
- "1935 Giro di Lombardia results (Tour of Lombardy)". BikeRaceInfo. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "31ème Giro di Lombardia 1935". Memoire du cyclisme. Archived from the original on 26 January 2004.
- Noticia en Mundo Deportivo
- "Tour de Lombardie 1935". LesSports.info. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "1935 Il Lombardia". First Cycling. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Web oficial de la carrera ((in Italian))
- El Sitio de Ciclismo
- "La corsa su Cyclebase.nl".
- Resultados a Les-Sports.info
|This Italy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|