1936 in Brazil
|1936 in Brazil|
21 stars (1889–1960)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
Events in the year 1936 in Brazil.
- January 15 – Farroupilha Revolution centennial fair closes
- April 16 – Pedro Calmon is elected to the Academia Brasileira de Letras.
- October 16 – President Vargas signed the decree, which gives the name of the aviator Alberto Santos Dumont Airport located in Ponta do Calabouço, in the city of Rio de Janeiro, currently named Santos Dumont Airport, Brazil's first civilian airport.
Arts and culture
- January 13 – Renato Aragão, actor and comedian
- January 19 – Carlos Mário da Silva Velloso, president of the Supreme Federal Tribunal 1999–2001.
- March 12 – Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega, actor, comedian and humorist.
- March 26 – Éder Jofre, pugilist
- April 24 – Esther Pillar Grossi, educator and politician
- May 23 – Wadih Mutran, politician
- "O sr. Pedro Calmon eleito substituto do escriptor Felix Pachceco, na Academia Brasileira de Letras" (página 2 da primeira seção), Folha da Manhã (17 de abril de 1936).
- "Semana da asa" (página 3 da primeira seção), Folha da Manhã (18 de outubro de 1936).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1936 in Brazil.|