The 1937 Michigan State Spartans football team represented Michigan State College in the 1937 college football season. In their fifth season under head coach Charlie Bachman, the Spartans compiled an 8–2 record and won their annual rivalry game with Michigan by a 19 to 14 score. In inter-sectional play, the team defeated Kansas (16–0), Temple (13–6), Carnegie Tech (13–6), and San Francisco (14–0), but lost to Manhattan (3–0) and Auburn (6–0 in the 1938 Orange Bowl).
Halfback John Pingel was selected by the Associated Press (AP) as a second-team player, and by the International News Service (INS) and Central Press Association as a third-team player, on the 1937 College Football All-America Team. Pingel was later inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
- ^ "2016 Football Media Guide" (PDF). Michigan State University. pp. 146, 153. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- ^ "1937 Michigan State Spartans Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- ^ Alan Gould (1937-12-04). "Associated Press 1937 All-America Is Team of Iron Men". The Daily Tribune. Wisconsin Rapids.
- ^ "INS All-American Grid Selections". Waterloo Daily Courier. 1937-12-01.
- ^ Bill Braucher (1937-12-03). "NATION'S CAPTAINS PICK CENTRAL PRESS ALL-AMERICANS". Hammond Times.