1937 New Zealand rugby league season
The 1937 New Zealand rugby league season was the 30th season of rugby league that had been played in New Zealand.
New Zealand drew a series against Australia, 1-all. New Zealand included; first Test captain Steve Watene, Ces Davison, Brian Riley, Rangi Chase, Wally Tittleton, Noel Bickerton, Frank Halloran, Angus Gault, Billy Glynn, Joe Cootes, second Test captain Harold Tetley, Jack Brodrick, Jack McLeod, George Nepia, Arthur Kay and Jack Satherley.
The New Zealand Māori defeated Australia 16-5 at Carlaw Park. New Zealand Māori included George Nepia, captain Steve Watene, Jack Brodrick, Rangi and Tom Chase and Jack Hemi. Tongan-born George Mitchell became the first Polynesian to represent New Zealand Māori in the match.
Northern Union Cup
- Coffey, John and Bernie Wood Auckland, 100 years of rugby league, 1909-2009, 2009. ISBN 978-1-86969-366-4.
- Coffey, John. Canterbury XIII, Christchurch, 1987.
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. pp. xiii. ISBN 978-1-86969-331-2.
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1990 New Zealand Rugby League, 1990. p.72
- George Nepia at Dictionary of New Zealand Biography