1937 Workers' Summer Olympiad
|Host city||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Dates||25 July 1937 –|
1 August 1937
|Main venue||Olympisch Stadion|
The 1937 Workers' Summer Olympiad was the sixth edition of International Workers' Olympiads. The games were held from 25 July to 1 August at Antwerp in Belgium. They were originally planned for Barcelona 1936, but cancelled due the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War.
1937 Olympiad was a joint event with the Red Sport International organized Spartakiads. It was the first time as a delegation from Soviet Union took part at the Workers' Olympiad. German athletes no longer participated since the Workers' Gymnastics and Sports Federation of Germany had been banned by the Nazi regime in 1933.
- Basque pelota
- Czech handball
- Football ( )
- Motor cycling
- Table tennis
- Tug of War
- Water polo
- Moisey Kasyanik, weightlifting (60 kg)
- Mikhail Kasyanik, gymnastics
- Nikolay Korolyov, heavyweight boxing
- Väinö Leskinen, 200 and 400 meter breaststroke swimming
- Seraphim Znamensky, 5,000 meters run
- Spartak Moscow, football
- 1937 Labour Olympiads Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- John Nauright & Charles Parrish (ed.): "Sports Around the World – History, Culture and Practice" (p. 463). Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Hentilä, Seppo (2014). Bewegung, Kultur und Alltag im Arbeitersport. Helsinki: The Finnish Society for Labour History. p. 12. ISBN 978-952-59762-6-7.