1938 English cricket season
The 1938 English cricket season was notable for England's remarkable total against Australia at The Oval with Len Hutton contributing a record 364. It was the 37th test series between the two sides which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- County Championship - Yorkshire
- Minor Counties Championship - Buckinghamshire
- Wisden - Hugh Bartlett, Bill Brown, Denis Compton, Kenneth Farnes, Arthur Wood
England and Australia drew the series 1-1 with two matches drawn and one game abandoned without a ball being bowled.
|Cumulative record - Test wins||1876-1938|
Don Bradman topped the averages with 2429 runs @ 115.66
Bill Bowes topped the averages with 121 wickets @ 15.23
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, Andre Deutsch, 1993
- Ray Robinson, On Top Down Under, Cassell, 1975