1938 U.S. National Championships – Women's Singles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1938 U.S. National Championships|
|Final score||6–0, 6–3|
The tournament used two lists of eight players for seeding the women's singles event; one for U.S. players and one for foreign players. Alice Marble is the champion; others show in brackets the round in which they were eliminated.
- Helen Jacobs (Third round)
- Alice Marble (Champion)
- Dorothy Bundy (Semifinalist)
- Sarah Fabyan (Semifinalist)
- Gracyn Wheeler (Third round)
- Barbara Winslow (Third round)
- Helen Pedersen (Third round)
- Dorothy Workman (Third round)
- Jadwiga Jędrzejowska (Quarterfinalist)
- Simonne Mathieu (Quarterfinalist)
- Kay Stammers (Quarterfinalist)
- Nancye Wynne (Finalist)
- Thelma Coyne (Third round)
- Margot Lumb (Quarterfinalist)
- Nell Hopman (Third round)
- Dorothy Stevenson (Third round)
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York City]: New Chapter Press. p. 470. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Henry McLemore (September 25, 1938). "Budge Makes 'Grand Slam'; Miss Marble Gains Title". The Pittsburgh Press. UPI. p. 5 (sports section) – via Google News Archive.
- Henry McLemore (September 25, 1938). "Budge Completes Slam; Miss Marble Also Wins". The Milwaukee Journal. UP. p. 1 (sports) – via Google News Archive.
- Irving Wright, ed. (1939). Wright & Ditson Official Lawn Tennis Guide 1939. New York: American Sports Publishing. pp. 29, 31–33.