From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of notable events in country music that took place in the year 1938.
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)
Top hits of the year
- 1Recorded in 1935 but released in 1938.
- March 12 - Lew DeWitt, songwriter and former member of The Statler Brothers (he sang tenor) (died 1990).
- March 18 - Charley Pride, the most successful African-American country music performer, active since the mid-1960s.
- April 4 - Norro Wilson, prominent songwriter and record producer.
- August 18 - Allen Reynolds, prominent record producer, best known for his association with Garth Brooks.
- August 21 - Kenny Rogers, pop-styled country crooner who has enjoyed hits since the late 1960s.
- Kingsbury, Paul, "Vinyl Hayride: Country Music Album Covers 1947-1989," Country Music Foundation, 2003 (ISBN 0-8118-3572-3)
- Millard, Bob, "Country Music: 70 Years of America's Favorite Music," HarperCollins, New York, 1993 (ISBN 0-06-273244-7)
- Whitburn, Joel. "Top Country Songs 1944-2005 - 6th Edition." 2005.