1939 International Lawn Tennis Challenge
|Duration||5 May – 5 September|
The 1939 International Lawn Tennis Challenge was the 34th edition of what is now known as the Davis Cup. 20 teams entered the Europe Zone, while 7 entered the America Zone.
Australia defeated Cuba in the North & Central America Zone final, and then received a walkover in the America Inter-Zonal final after Brazil, the only team in the South America Zone, withdrew. In the Europe Zone final Yugoslavia defeated Germany. In the Inter-Zonal play-off Australia defeated Yugoslavia, and then defeated the United States in the Challenge Round. The final was played at the Merion Cricket Club in Haverford, Pennsylvania, United States on 2–5 September.
North & Central America Zone
30 June–23 July
|bye||Long Beach, CA, United States (grass)|
|Mexico City, Mexico (clay)||Australia||5|
|Mexico||0||Rumson, NJ, United States (grass)|
|Havana, Cuba (clay)||Cuba||0|
Cuba vs. Australia
|Seabright Lawn Tennis Club, Rumson, NJ, United States 
10–12 August 1939
Americas Inter-Zonal Final
|New Zealand||New Zealand||2|
Yugoslavia vs. Germany
|A.T.K. Stadium, Zagreb, Yugoslavia 
28–30 July 1939
Australia vs. Yugoslavia
|Longwood Cricket Club, Boston, MA, United States 
24–26 August 1939
United States vs. Australia
|Merion Cricket Club, Haverford, PA, United States 
2–5 September 1939
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "United States v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "The Bulletin - Google News Archive Search". Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Cuba v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Brazil". daviscup.com.
- "Yugoslavia v Germany". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Yugoslavia". daviscup.com.