1941 in Mandatory Palestine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1941 in the British Mandate of Palestine|
Events in the year 1941 in the British Mandate of Palestine.
- High Commissioner - Sir Harold MacMichael
- Emir of Transjordan - Abdullah I bin al-Hussein
- Prime Minister of Transjordan - Tawfik Abu al-Huda
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2010)
- 15 May - The Palmach is established.
- 14 July - World War II: The Armistice of Saint Jean d'Acre (also known as the "Convention of Acre") is signed on at the "Sidney Smith Barracks" on the outskirts of the city of Acre, ending the Allied invasion of Vichy French-controlled Syria and Lebanon.
- 2 November - Kibbutz Ramat HaShofet is established.
- 24 January - Dan Shechtman, Israeli physicist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- 25 January - Ya'akov Shefi, Israeli politician
- 11 February - Avraham Hirschson, Israeli politician
- 13 March - Mahmoud Darwish, Palestinian Arab poet and writer of prose (died 2008)
- 1 April - Gideon Gadot, Israeli journalist (died 2012)
- 1 April - Michael Dezer, Israeli-American real estate developer
- 8 April - Ya'akov Shahar, Israeli businessman
- 20 April - Ayala Procaccia, Israeli jurist, judge on the Israeli Supreme Court
- 22 April - Amir Pnueli, Israeli computer scientist and Turing Award winner (died 2009)
- 13 June - Esther Ofarim, Israeli folk singer
- 7 July - Yisrael Poliakov, Israeli singer, actor and entertainer (died 2007)
- 13 July - Ehud Manor, Israeli songwriter, translator, and radio and TV personality (died 2005)
- 19 August - Gabriela Shalev, Israeli jurist and diplomat
- 10 October - Hanan Goldblatt, Israeli actor
- Full date unknown
- Eitan Avitsur - Israeli composer and conductor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1941 in the British Mandate of Palestine.|
- 20 May - David Raziel (born 1910), Russian-born Palestinian Jew, fighter of the Jewish underground and one of the founders of the Irgun
- 2 October - Menachem Ussishkin (born 1863), Russian-born Palestinian Jew, notable Zionist leader and chairman of the Jewish National Fund