1941 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1941 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in 1941.
- President: Manuel Quezon (Nacionalista Party)
- Vice President: Sergio Osmeña (Nacionalista Party)
- Chief Justice: Ramón Avanceña (until December 24), José Abad Santos (starting December 24)
- Philippine National Assembly: 2nd National Assembly of the Philippines (until December 16)
- November 11 – Manuel Quezon re-elected as President.
- December 8 – Start of the Japanese Invasion of the Philippines.
- December 20 – President Quezon, his family and the war cabinet move to Corregidor Island.
- December 26 – General MacArthur declares Manila an open city.
- December 28 – Filipino and US armies retreat to Bataan.
- December 30 – Manuel Quezon takes his oath of Office at the Corregidor Island.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)