1942: Joint Strike
|1942: Joint Strike|
|Genre(s)||Vertical scrolling shooter|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Co-op|
1942: Joint Strike is a video game developed by Backbone Entertainment for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network. It was released in 2008. It is the remake of the original 1984 video game 1942.
Despite the name, the game is an amalgamation of various elements of the 19XX series. For example, it includes health meter and bomb system from 1943: The Battle of Midway; charge-fire, land-based battle sections; and rank increases from 1941: Counter Attack, fighter lineup, bomb-based end-level bonus, level rank system from 19XX:The War Against Destiny.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2011)|
IGN rated the XBLA version '7.0' (Decent), commenting on the short length of the game, "spotty" online play and poor value for money, but praising the graphical overhaul. Anthony Gallegos of 1UP rated the game 'B+', and stated that while the game was short, this added to its 'arcade' appeal. As of year-end 2010, the game has sold over 111,000 units. Sales at year-end 2011 were over 119,000 units.
- Techshout preview
- Hilary Goldstein (2008-03-12). "1942 Flies Again". IGN. Archived from the original on 16 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-12.
- 1942: Joint Strike Review
- "1942: Joint Strike (PS3)". Archived from the original on 2009-05-04. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Langley, Ryan (2011-01-28). "XBLA: In-Depth: Xbox Live Arcade Sales Analysis For All Of 2010". Gamerbytes. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Langley, Ryan (2012-01-20). "Xbox Live Arcade by the numbers - the 2011 year in review". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2012-01-23.