1942 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1942
List of years in Denmark
- Monarch – Christian X
- Prime minister – Thorvald Stauning (until 4 May), Vilhelm Buhl (until 9 November), Erik Scavenius
- 4 May – Vilhelm Buhl is appointed to new prime minister of Denmark following Thorvald Stauning's death the previous day.
- 11 September – Sabotage results in a fire at the German Reichdeutsche Schulen in Emdrup, Copenhagen.
- 26 September – Sabotage against Adler Auto Service at Lyngbyvej 26 in Copenhagen.
- 19 October – Christian X is severely injured when he falls off his horse at Esplanaden on his morning ride.
- 28 October – Beginning of the Telegram Crisis.
- 5 November – Werner Best is appointed the Third Reich's Plenipotentiary (Reichsbevollmächtigter) in Denmark.
- 27 November – The Danish Outdoor Council is founded
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- 13 April – Poul Anker Bech, painter (died 2009)
- 15 June – Birgitte Alsted, violinist, teacher and composer
- 27 August – Per Stig Møller, politician, writer
- 20 March – Aksel Agerby, composer, organist, and music administrator (born 1889)
- 2 April – Peter Esben-Petersen, entomologist (born 1869)
- 3 May – Thorvald Stauning, politician, Prime Minister of Denmark (born 1873)
- 23 July – Valdemar Poulsen, engineer who developed a magnetic wire recorder (born 1869)
- 24 November – Carl Christensen, botanist (born 1872)
- 12 December – Benedict Nordentoft, educator and cleric, co-founder of a Danish community with a Lutheran church and a folk high school in Solvang, California (born 1873)
- (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie http://www.kobenhavnshistorie.dk/bog/khsd/1900/1942.htmltitle=1942. Retrieved 18 April 2016. Missing or empty
- "Friluftsliv for Alle" (PDF) (in Danish). Friluftsrådet. Retrieved 18 April 2016.