1943 NFL Championship Game
|Date||December 26, 1943|
|Stadium||Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois|
|Radio in the United States|
In a rematch of the previous year's game, the Western Division champion Chicago Bears (8–1–1) met the Eastern Division champion Washington Redskins (6–3–1). The previous week, the Redskins had defeated the New York Giants at the Polo Grounds in a playoff game by a score of 28–0 to determine the champs of the east, after the teams ended the regular season with identical records. The Redskins had dropped their final three regular season games, including two to the Giants. Even though the Giants had swept the season series with Washington, the rules of the time called for a tiebreaker game.
The divisional playoff game pushed the championship game back to its latest ever date, and the late-December Chicago weather caused the game to be dubbed the "Ice Bowl." The Bears were favored by a touchdown, and won by twenty points, 41–21.
The crowd was smaller than the previous year's and well off the championship game record of 48,120 set in 1938, but the gross gate receipts of $120,500 set a record. In addition to the gate, radio broadcast rights to the game were sold for $5,000.
|Jim Benton||Left end||Bob Masterson|
|Dom Sigillo||Left tackle||Lou Rymkus|
|Dan Fortmann||Left guard||Clyde Shugart|
|Bulldog Turner||Center||George Smith|
|George Musso||Right guard||Steve Slivinski|
|Al Hoptowit||Right tackle||Joe Pasqua|
|George Wilson||Right end||Joe Aguirre|
|Sid Luckman||Quarterback||Ray Hare|
|Harry Clarke||Left halfback||George Cafego|
|Dante Magnani||Right halfback||Frank Seno|
|Bob Masters||Fullback||Andy Farkas|
- Referee: Ronald Gibbs
- Umpire: John Kelly
- Head Linesman: Charlie Berry
- Field Judge: Eddie Tryon 
Sunday, December 26, 1943
Kickoff: 2 p.m. CWT (CDT)
- First quarter
- no scoring
- Second quarter
- Third quarter
- Fourth quarter
|66||Punt return yards||37|
|21||Kickoff return yards||167|
Each player on the Bears took home $1,135 while each member of the Redskins got $754.
- Prell, Edward (December 26, 1943). "Bears play Redskins today for pro title". Chicago Daily Tribune. p. 1, part 2.
- Prell, Edward (December 26, 1943). "Bears crush Redskins, 41-21; win pro title". Chicago Daily Tribune. p. 17.
- "Luckman restores Bears to pro grid title". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 27, 1943. p. 16.
- "Baugh's brilliancey nets Redskins triumph". Pittsburgh Press. United Press. December 20, 1943. p. 22.
- "'Ice Bowl' won't do big business". Pittsburgh Press. December 26, 1943. p. 32.
- Healey, Gerald B. (December 26, 1943). "Bears 7 point favorites to beat Redskins in pro title game". Milwaukee Sentinel. INS. p. 1B.
- "Each Bear player receives $1,135 for victory game". Milwaukee Journal. Associated Press. December 27, 1943. p. 4, part 2.
- "Bear Defeat Reskins for Pro Title on Luckman's Five Touchdown Passes". New York Times. December 27, 1943. p. 24.
- "Boxscore". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Kuechle, Oliver E. (December 27, 1943). "Bear Bury Skins; Sid Luckman Stars". Milwaukee Journal. p. L4. Retrieved June 8, 2011.