1947 Pulitzer Prize
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following are the Pulitzer Prizes for 1947.
- Public Service:
- Telegraphic Reporting (National):
- Telegraphic Reporting (International):
- Editorial Writing:
- William H. Grimes of The Wall Street Journal for his distinguished editorial writing during the year.
- Editorial Cartooning:
Letters, Drama and Music Awards
- No award given.
- Biography or Autobiography:
Special Awards and Citations
- Columbia University and the Graduate School of Journalism (Pulitzer centennial year.) Columbia University and the Graduate School of Journalism for their efforts to maintain and advance the high standards governing the Pulitzer Prize awards. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, for its unswerving adherence to the public and professional ideals of its founder and its constructive leadership in the field of American journalism.