1947 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1947 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in 1947.
- President: Manuel Roxas (Liberal)
- Vice President: Elpidio Quirino (Liberal)
- Chief Justice: Manuel Moran
- Congress: 1st
- January 28 – President Roxas issues an amnesty proclamation to collaborators.
- March 14 – The Treaty of General Relations between Philippines and United States was signed.
- September 8 – The Philippine representative to the Far Eastern Commission, Carlos P. Romulo, signs the Japanese Peace Treaty.
- January 7 - Angelito Sarmiento, Filipino politician
- January 9 - Roilo Golez, Filipino politician (died 2018)
- January 27 - Perfecto Yasay Jr., Filipino politician
- January 31 - Laurice Guillen, Filipino actress and director
- February 11 - Johnny Manahan, film and television director
- March 10 - June Keithley, Filipino actress and journalist (died 2013)
- April 4 – Eliseo Soriano, Filipino televangelist
- April 5 – Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Philippine President
- April 16 - Nova Villa, Filipino actress and a veteran comedian
- May 9 - Josie Natori, fashion designer and the CEO and founder of The Natori Company
- May 23 - Maita Gomez, Filipino beauty queen and activist (died 2012)
- May 24 - Mike de Leon, Filipino film director, cinematographer, scriptwriter and film producer.
- May 31 - Vincent Crisologo, Filipino politician
- June 24 - Romulo T. Dela Cruz, D.D., prelate of the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines
- July 6 – Roy Señeres, Filipino businessman and diplomat (died 2016)
- September 5 - Danny Florencio, Filipino basketball player
- November 27 - Ronaldo Valdez, Filipino film and television actor
- December 5 - Rudy Fernandez, Triathlete
- December 10 - Dick Israel, Filipino actor (died 2016)
- December 21 - Dimasangcay Pundato, Muslim Filipino of Maranao descent
- December 24 - Ricky Belmonte, Filipino actor (died 2001)
- December 25 - Pepe Smith, Filipino singer-songwriter, drummer and guitarist.
- May 14 - Francisco Alonso Liongson (born 1896)
- August - Teresa Magbanua, schoolteacher and military leader (born 1868)
- August 29 - Crispín Oben, Politician (born 1876)
- September 18 - Julian Cruz Balmaceda, Filipino poet, essayist, playwright, novelist, journalist and linguist. (born 1885)
- September 28 - Francisco Santiago, Filipino musician. (born 1889)
- December 20 - Benigno Aquino, Sr., Filipino Politician. (born 1894)
- Alejandro Melchor, Filipino civil engineer, mathematician, educator, and member of the Cabinet of the Philippines. (born 1900)
|This Philippine history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|