The 1948–49 BAA season was the Lakers' 1st season in the BAA (which later became the NBA).
Main article: 1948 NBA Draft
- x – clinched playoff spot
West Division Semifinals
(2) Minneapolis Lakers vs. (3) Chicago Stags: Lakers win series 2-0
- Game 1 @ Minneapolis: Minneapolis 84, Chicago 77
- Game 2 @ Chicago: Minneapolis 101, Chicago 85
Last Playoff Meeting: This is the first meeting between the Lakers and Stags.
West Division Finals
(1) Rochester Royals vs. (2) Minneapolis Lakers: Lakers win series 2-0
- Game 1 @ Rochester: Minneapolis 80, Rochester 79
- Game 2 @ Minneapolis: Minneapolis 67, Rochester 55
Last Playoff Meeting: This is the first meeting between the Royals and Lakers.
(E1) Washington Capitols vs. (W2) Minneapolis Lakers: Lakers win series 4-2
- Game 1 @ Minneapolis: Minneapolis 88, Washington 84
- Game 2 @ Minneapolis: Minneapolis 76, Washington 62
- Game 3 @ Washington: Minneapolis 94, Washington 74
- Game 4 @ Washington: Washington 83, Minneapolis 71
- Game 5 @ Washington: Washington 74, Minneapolis 65
- Game 6 @ Minneapolis: Minneapolis 77, Washington 56
Last Playoff Meeting: This is the first meeting between the Capitols and Lakers.
Awards and records