From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 13 – Dr. K. Goonam leads a batch of twelve passive resisters across the Natal-Transvaal border.
- 26 – The National Party wins the General Elections in coalition with the Afrikaner Party (AP).
- 28 – The National Party forms a new South African government as incumbent prime minister Jan Smuts loses his seat.
- 8 – A group of 83 German children, orphaned by the war, arrives in Table Bay.
- 10 – The German orphans reach Pretoria to settle in South Africa.
- 15 – Foreign Minister Eric Louw informs Commonwealth leaders that South Africa is not prepared to allow interference in its domestic affairs.
Railway lines opened
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)
- ^ "Marion Island – History". Sanap.ac.za. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- ^ Statement Showing, in Chronological Order, the Date of Opening and the Mileage of Each Section of Railway, Statement No. 19, p. 191, ref. no. 200954-13