1949 Davis Cup
|Duration||28 April – 28 August|
|Winning Nation||United States|
The 1949 Davis Cup was the 38th edition of the most important tournament between national teams in men's tennis. 28 teams would enter the competition, 24 in the Europe Zone, and 4 in the America Zone. Israel made its first appearance in the competition.
Australia defeated Mexico in the America Zone final, and Italy defeated France in the Europe Zone final. Australia defeated Italy in the Inter-Zonal play-off, but fell to defending champions the United States in the Challenge Round, giving the Americans their 4th straight title and 16th overall. The final was played at the West Side Tennis Club in Forest Hills, New York, United States on 26–28 August.
|Montreal, Canada (grass)|
|Canada||1||Wilmington, DE, United States (grass)|
Australia vs. Mexico
|Wilmington Country Club, Wilmington, DE, United States 
29–31 July 1949
28 April–3 May
|Great Britain||5||Great Britain||1|
|South Africa||5||South Africa||1|
France vs. Italy
|Stade Roland Garros, Paris, France 
23–25 July 1949
Australia vs. Italy
|Westchester Country Club, Rye, NY, United States 
12–15 August 1949
United States vs. Australia
|West Side Tennis Club, Forest Hills, NY, United States 
26–28 August 1949
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "United States v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "Mexico v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "France v Italy". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Italy". daviscup.com.