From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1949 in Norway.
||This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2010)
- The Knut Hamsund novel Paa gjengrodde Stier (On Overgrown Paths), was pupblished.
- 7 January - Bente Erichsen, culture director
- 7 February - Oddvar Einarson, film director
- 2 April - Per Husby, jazz musician and orchestra leader
- 10 April - Ingolf Håkon Teigene, journalist and editor (died 2007)
- 3 May - Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad, doctor and sexologist
- 14 May - Sverre Årnes, novelist
- 19 May - Inga Kvalbukt, politician
- 30 May - Bjørn T. Grydeland, civil servant and diplomat
- 20 June – Synnøve Korssjøen, goldsmith, jewellry designer.
- 8 November - Clement Endresen, judge
- 10 November - Aud Gaundal, politician
- 18 November - Sverre Diesen, military officer and Chief of Defence of Norway
- 9 December - Anne Enger, politician
- 14 December - Inger Lise Rypdal, singer and actress
- 25 January – Leon Aurdal, painter (born 1890).
- 5 February – Rudolf Elias Peersen, politician and Minister (born 1868)
- 14 February – Lise Stauri, educator (born 1882).
- 21 February - Anders Beer Wilse, photographer (born 1865)
- 2 June - Gudbrand Bernhardsen Tandberg, politician (born 1903)
- 10 June - Sigrid Undset, novelist, awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1928 (born 1882)
- 13 July - Nils Tveit, politician (born 1876)
- 15 July - Erik Solem, judge (born 1877)
- 8 August - Eivind Kristoffer Eriksen, politician (born 1893)
- 8 October - Erik Ørvig, sailor and Olympic gold medallist (born 1895)
- 4 December - Ivar Lykke, politician and Prime Minister of Norway (born 1872)
- 22 December - Ole Reistad, military officer and pentathlete (born 1898).