This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|195 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||948|
|Balinese saka calendar||116–117|
|Chinese calendar||甲戌年 (Wood Dog)|
2891 or 2831
— to —
乙亥年 (Wood Pig)
2892 or 2832
|Coptic calendar||−89 – −88|
|- Vikram Samvat||251–252|
|- Shaka Samvat||116–117|
|- Kali Yuga||3295–3296|
|Iranian calendar||427 BP – 426 BP|
|Islamic calendar||440 BH – 439 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1717 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||506/507 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||737–738|
321 or −60 or −832
— to —
322 or −59 or −831
Year 195 (CXCV) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Scrapula and Clemens (or, less frequently, year 948 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 195 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Roman emperor Septimius Severus has the Roman Senate deify the previous emperor Commodus, in an attempt to gain favor with the family of Marcus Aurelius.
- Severus invades Parthian King Vologases V's client kingdoms of Osroene, Sophene and Corduene, who had supported the claim of Severus' enemy Pescennius Niger. The Romans annex the Mesopotamian cities of Edessa and Nisibis (modern Turkey), establishing colonies there and at Singara.
- The province of Syria is divided into two, Syria Coele and Syria Phoenice, and the role of Antioch is diminished.
- Lucius Septimius Bassianus (Caracalla), age 7, changes his name to Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, to solidify connections with the family of Marcus Aurelius, and is given the title Caesar.
- Clodius Albinus, who had been proclaimed emperor in Britain, crosses into Gaul with his legions, while at the same time recruiting new soldiers. He is soon the head of an army of 150,000 men, according to Cassius Dio. Severus, still in Mesopotamia, hastily returns to Rome.
- The denarius is devalued by Severus. The coin now contains only 50% precious metal.
- Last (2nd) year of Xingping era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- In China, the Xiongnu Federation crosses the Great Wall, and establishes itself in Shanxi Province.
- Huangfu Song, Han dynasty general
- Liu Yao, Han dynasty provincial governor and warlord (b. 154)
- Xu Shao, Han dynasty official (b. 150)
- Ze Rong, Han dynasty Buddhist leader, minor warlord
- Zhang Miao, Han dynasty official, minor warlord
- Zhu Jun, Han dynasty general