1951 Davis Cup
|Duration||3 May – 28 December|
The 1951 Davis Cup was the 40th edition of the most important tournament between national teams in men's tennis. 21 teams entered the Europe Zone, and 5 teams entered the America Zone. The Europe Zone began using a seeding system, where the previous year's quarterfinalists were guaranteed a bye in the first round.
The United States defeated Canada in the America Zone final, and Sweden defeated West Germany in the Europe Zone final. The USA defeated Sweden in the Inter-Zonal play-off, but fell to defending champions Australia in the Challenge Round. The final was played at White City Stadium in Sydney, Australia on 26–28 December.
|Louisville, KY, United States (grass)|
|United States||5||Rye, NY, United States (grass)|
|bye||Montreal, Canada (grass)|
|Cuba||Montreal, Canada (grass)|
Canada vs. United States
|Mount Royal Tennis Club, Montreal, Canada 
10–12 August 1951
|Great Britain||Great Britain||3|
West Berlin (clay)
|West Germany||3||West Germany||4|
|South Africa||South Africa||2|
Sweden vs. West Germany
|Bastad Tennis Stadium, Båstad, Sweden 
27–29 July 1951
United States vs. Sweden
|Kooyong Stadium, Melbourne, Australia 
13–15 December 1951
Australia vs. United States
|White City Stadium, Sydney, Australia 
26–28 December 1951
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "Australia v United States". daviscup.com.
- "Canada v United States". daviscup.com.
- "Sweden v West Germany". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Italy". daviscup.com.