1952 Dallas Texans season
|1952 Dallas Texans (NFL) season|
|Head coach||Jimmy Phelan|
|Owner||Giles Miller (first 7 games)
NFL (last 5 games)
|Home field||Cotton Bowl|
|Division place||6th NFL National|
|Playoff finish||did not qualify|
After its seventh game, the franchise was returned to the NFL on November 14. The Texans' home game on Thanksgiving against the Chicago Bears was moved to the Rubber Bowl in Akron, Ohio, and was their only victory. The final home game with the Lions was moved to Briggs Stadium in Detroit.
|1||Sun||September 28, 1952||New York Giants||L, 24–6||Cotton Bowl||0–1|
|2||Sun||October 5, 1952||San Francisco 49ers||L, 37–14||Cotton Bowl||0–2|
|3||Sun||October 12, 1952||at Chicago Bears||L, 38–20||Wrigley Field||0–3|
|4||Sat Night||October 18, 1952||Green Bay Packers||L, 24–14||Cotton Bowl||0–4|
|5||Sun||October 26, 1952||at San Francisco 49ers||L, 48–21||Kezar Stadium||0–5|
|6||Sun||November 2, 1952||at Los Angeles Rams||L, 42–20||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||0–6|
|7||Sun||November 9, 1952||Los Angeles Rams||L, 27–6||Cotton Bowl||0–7|
|8||Sun||November 16, 1952||at Detroit Lions||L, 43–13||Briggs Stadium||0–8|
|9||Sun||November 23, 1952||at Green Bay Packers||L, 42–14||East Stadium||0–9|
|10||Thu||November 27, 1952||Chicago Bears||W, 27–23||Rubber Bowl ^ (Akron, Ohio)||1–9|
|11||Sun||December 7, 1952||at Philadelphia Eagles||L, 38–21||Shibe Park||1–10|
|12||Sat||December 13, 1952||Detroit Lions||L, 41–6||Briggs Stadium ^||1–11|
^ moved from Dallas
|NFL National Conference|
|Los Angeles Rams||9||3||0||.750||8–2||349||234||W8|
|San Francisco 49ers||7||5||0||.583||6–3||285||221||W1|
|Green Bay Packers||6||6||0||.500||3–6||295||312||L3|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
- 1952 Dallas Texans Archived October 9, 2013, at WebCite
- "NFL takes over Dallas Texans". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press. November 15, 1952. p. 2, part 2.
- "National Football League takes franchise back from Dallas club". New York Times. Associated Press. November 14, 1952. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- "Texans' last-minute TD upsets Bears, 27-23". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press. November 28, 1952. p. 2, part 2.
- "Detroit wins, 41-6; gains share of title". Milwaukee Sentinel. Associated Press. December 14, 1952. p. 1B.