1952 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1952 in the Republic of India.
- 17 April – Membership of the first lok sabha starts.
- 13 May – Jawaharlal Nehru forms his first government.
- 13 May – First Lok Sabha,Rajya Sabha session commenced.
- 15 May – G.V. Mavlankar handles the charge as Lok Sabha Speaker.
- 30 May – M. Ananthasayanam Ayyangar handles the charge as Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker.
- The first general election is held. The Indian National Congress headed by Jawaharlal Nehru sweeps into power.
- 18 January – Veerappan, bandit (died 2004).
- 19 March – Mohan Babu, actor, producer and politician.
- 25 April – Brij Narayan, sarod player
- 30 May – Ambareesh, actor and politician.
- 20 June – Vikram Seth, poet, novelist, travel writer, librettist, children's writer, biographer and memoirist.
- 23 June – Raj Babbar, actor.
- 4 September – Rishi Kapoor, actor.
- 28 December- Hemant Shesh Hindi poet, editor, art critic
Full date unknown
- Urvashi Butalia, historian, feminist, and publisher.
- Daisy Irani, actress.
- Deepak Kumar, historian and philosopher of science.
- 7 March – Paramahansa Yogananda, yogi and guru (born 1893).
- Rashid Jahan, author, short story writer and playwright (born 1905).