1952 in Northern Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- August - Official opening of Binnian Tunnel (2.5 miles (4.0 km)), feeding water to the Silent Valley Reservoir under the Mourne Mountains.
Arts and literature
- Daniel O'Neill paints Birth.
- Winners: Glenavon
- 8 January - Alex Maskey, first Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Belfast, Councillor and MLA.
- 18 January - Derek Spence, footballer.
- 25 February - Joey Dunlop, motorcycle racer (died 2000).
- 1 March - Martin O'Neill, international footballer and football manager.
- 2 March - Lenny Murphy, loyalist paramilitary and leader of the Shankill Butchers (died 1982).
- 4 April - Gary Moore, guitarist.
- 7 June - Liam Neeson, actor.
- 25 June - Alan Green, sports broadcaster.
Full date unknown
- Gerald Dawe, writer and poet.
- Graham Forsythe, artist.
- Terry George, screenwriter and director.
- John Linehan, comedian (May McFettridge).
- Tommy McKearney, former hunger striker and member of the Provisional Irish Republican Army, now a journalist.
- William Peskett, poet.