1953 NBA Playoffs
|Dates||March 17–April 10, 1953|
|Champions||Minneapolis Lakers (4th title)|
|Runners-up||New York Knicks (3rd finals appearance)|
The 1953 NBA Playoffs was the postseason tournament of the National Basketball Association's 1952–53 season. The tournament concluded with the Western Conference champion Minneapolis Lakers defeating the Eastern Conference champion New York Knicks 4 games to 1 in the NBA Finals.
The Lakers won their fourth championship in the last five years, and defeated the Knicks in the Finals for the second straight season to complete their run.
Not only did the four Western Division teams meet for the third straight year, but the Eastern Division teams this year, had a slight change. The Philadelphia Warriors did not make the playoffs, but the Baltimore Bullets did. They would be swept by the Eastern Division champion New York Knicks in 2 games.
The Indianapolis Olympians played their last game, a Game 2 loss to the Lakers in the first round. They folded at the end of the season, and major professional basketball did not return to Indianapolis, Indiana until the Indiana Pacers were founded for the inaugural 1967–68 season of the American Basketball Association.
The 1952–53 Baltimore Bullets hold the distinction of having the worst regular season record heading in playoff history. The team's record was 16–54.
|Division Semifinals||Division Finals||NBA Finals|
Champion: Minneapolis Lakers
- Game 1 @ Minneapolis (March 22): Minneapolis 85, Indianapolis 69
- Game 2 @ Indianapolis (March 23): Minneapolis 81, Indianapolis 79
Last Playoff Meeting: 1952 Western Division Semifinals (Minneapolis won 2–0)
- Game 1 @ Rochester (March 20): Fort Wayne 84, Rochester 77
- Game 2 @ Fort Wayne (March 22): Rochester 83, Fort Wayne 71
- Game 3 @ Rochester (March 24): Fort Wayne 67, Rochester 65
Last Playoff Meeting: 1952 Western Division Semifinals (Rochester won 2–0)
- Game 1 @ Minneapolis (March 26): Minneapolis 83, Fort Wayne 73
- Game 2 @ Minneapolis (March 28): Minneapolis 82, Fort Wayne 75
- Game 3 @ Fort Wayne (March 30): Fort Wayne 98, Minneapolis 95
- Game 4 @ Fort Wayne (April 1): Fort Wayne 85, Minneapolis 82
- Game 5 @ Minneapolis (April 2): Minneapolis 74, Fort Wayne 58
Last Playoff Meeting: 1950 Central Division Finals (Minneapolis won 2–0)
Champion: New York Knicks
- Game 1 @ New York (March 17): New York 80, Baltimore 62
- Game 2 @ Baltimore (March 20): New York 90, Baltimore 81
Last Playoff Meeting: 1949 Eastern Division Semifinals (New York won 2–1)
- Game 1 @ Syracuse (March 19): Boston 87, Syracuse 81
- Game 2 @ Boston (March 21): Boston 111, Syracuse 105 (4OT)
Last Playoff Meeting: This is the first meeting between the Nationals and Celtics.
- Game 1 @ New York (March 25): New York 95, Boston 91
- Game 2 @ Boston (March 26): Boston 86, New York 70
- Game 3 @ New York (March 28): New York 101, Boston 82
- Game 4 @ Boston (March 29): New York 82, Boston 75
Last Playoff Meeting: 1952 Eastern Division Semifinals (New York won 2–1)
- Game 1 @ Minneapolis (April 4): New York 96, Minneapolis 88
- Game 2 @ Minneapolis (April 5): Minneapolis 73, New York 71
- Game 3 @ New York (April 7): Minneapolis 90, New York 75
- Game 4 @ New York (April 8): Minneapolis 71, New York 69
- Game 5 @ New York (April 10): Minneapolis 91, New York 84
Last Playoff Meeting: 1952 NBA Finals (Minneapolis won 4–3)