1953 Pulitzer Prize
The following are the Pulitzer Prizes for 1953.
- Public Service:
- Whiteville (N.C.) News Reporter and Tabor City (N.C.) Tribune, two weekly newspapers, for their successful campaign against the Ku Klux Klan, waged on their own doorstep at the risk of economic loss and personal danger, culminating in the conviction of over one hundred Klansmen and an end to terrorism in their communities.
- Local Reporting, Edition Time:
- Local Report, No Edition Time:
- National Reporting:
- International Reporting:
- Editorial Writing:
- Editorial Cartooning:
Letters, Drama and Music Awards
- Biography or Autobiography:
- not awarded
Special Citations and Awards
- Special Citations and Awards - Journalism: