1953 in archaeology
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1953 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- German excavations at Uruk resume.
- "Cave of Letters" at Nahal Hever in the Judaean Desert (with correspondence from the Bar Kokhba revolt of ca. 132–136 CE) identified.
- 1st century Roman leather bikini briefs found in the City of London.
- O. G. S. Crawford - Archaeology in the Field (Dent).
- B. H. St.J. O'Neil - Castles: an introduction to the castles of England and Wales (HMSO).
- Gordon R. Willey - Prehistoric Settlement Patterns in the Virú Valley, Perú (Bureau of American Ethnology).
- "Leather bkinis". Living in Roman London. Museum of London. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Ancient History in depth: Piltdown Man: Britain's Greatest Hoax". BBC History. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Chase, Arlen F. (Arlen Frank) 1953-". worldcat.org. Retrieved 2 June 2017.